Two years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Gastroparesis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I thought that these diseases were going to take over my life and that I would forever be overweight and unhealthy. Then something changed. I realized that this is my body and I have control over what goes in to it and that through changing my diet and workout habits I could take control. I have also spent more time in prayer and in scripture learning more about God and how much He loves me. I have been on an incredible journey for the past year and I want to share it with everyone!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Having a Positive Outlook.

As I have stated in my about me, I am a Christian. On Sundays, I will be posting a verse or two and sharing what they mean to me. Sometimes they will deal with wellness, other times they may focus on character, or just whatever my heart feels led to share.

Today I want to focus on a positive mind set. Proverbs 17:22 says “A joyful heart is good for the spirit but a broken spirit dries up the bone.” Proverbs 15:15 states “All the days of the afflicted are bad, but a cheerful heart has a continual feast” and last Proverbs 18:14 says “The spirit of a man can endure his sickness, but as for a broken spirit who can bear it?”

From these verses I get that a joyful spirit helps your life. When you are negative you bring others and yourself down. Have a joyful spirit. Lift other up with your happiness. Let others see your joy.  

I do not enjoy being around negative people. I am not talking about having to vent every now and then because you are upset about something. I am talking about being emotionally stuck in a pity party for yourself  and when people that care about you try to get you to seek help or try to offer encouraging words you shut them out and shoot them down. 

I love being surrounded by positive people. When people have a positive attitude, even if they don’t directly say something positive to you about you, you still feel better because of their joy.

I had the negative attitude, but once I found my way out, thanks to a God, and I became a much better person. I try to find joy and good in others and in each of my situations. If you notice your attitude is becoming negative all the time, remind yourself to find the good. Remind yourself to see the positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment