Two years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Gastroparesis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I thought that these diseases were going to take over my life and that I would forever be overweight and unhealthy. Then something changed. I realized that this is my body and I have control over what goes in to it and that through changing my diet and workout habits I could take control. I have also spent more time in prayer and in scripture learning more about God and how much He loves me. I have been on an incredible journey for the past year and I want to share it with everyone!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Personal Milestone… 30 Pounds of Fat Gone!


As most of you know from reading my couple of post that I have done, I have been working on losing weight. I had been stuck at 148 for two weeks, and it was getting a little frustrating. I really didn’t think that I would lose any this week because I was having a battle with a cyst on my right ovary and couldn’t work out at all.
Today, I got up, was hoping but not expecting a change, and boy, was I surprised when I saw 147 even. I could even say that I am down to 146 because my highest  weight of 177 was recorded at my doctor’s office and his scale said that I was a pound less than my at home scale about a week ago. 

It feels great seeing my hard work pay off. Watching my diet and forcing myself to eat a healthy snack when my brain is saying to go get a candy bar is really worth it- plus I have found a happy medium. Two pieces of dark chocolate in the evening has completely killed any cravings and it is surprisingly yummy.

This coming week I will be focusing on different weight loss strategies, the ups and downs of dieting and possibly a few other things. I want to thank you all for sharing in this milestone with me and I look forward to updating you all in a few weeks on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment