Two years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Gastroparesis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I thought that these diseases were going to take over my life and that I would forever be overweight and unhealthy. Then something changed. I realized that this is my body and I have control over what goes in to it and that through changing my diet and workout habits I could take control. I have also spent more time in prayer and in scripture learning more about God and how much He loves me. I have been on an incredible journey for the past year and I want to share it with everyone!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Been away for a few days...

Sorry I have not posted any this week. My husband and I took a few days and headed up to the mountains to enjoy some peace and quiet and to visit some family. It had actually been awhile since we have been able to get away and it was a much needed break. Unfortunately, due to out air mattress getting low on us in the middle of the night we were unable to sleep well, so we cut our trip short by about 18 hours so we could sleep in our bed. I am still recovering- my fibro only gets mad when I don't sleep well, lol.

Other than the sleep issues, the trip was great. I got to spend some time with my cousin Sam that is only 4 months older than me and is more like a brother than a cousin. My sweetie and I also spent a day exploring and enjoying God's beautiful creation (nature and all the beautiful little things that are in it) and each others company. There is nothing like taking a walk next to a roaring river with trees sprouting fresh leaves and baby caterpillars everywhere. It was awe inspiring. 

Although the trip is over and I miss my family, my tired body is very happy to be back home sleeping in my comfy bed and snuggling with my fuzzy, fat kitty.








The last picture is one of my favorites! Those are caterpillars marching across the path.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you know I like me some mountains to clear my head and enjoy nature. Beautiful pics and that last one is really amazing! So glad you posted this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you enjoyed the post. There is nothing like getting away to the mountains! lol. Thank you for reading.

    ReplyDelete