Two years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Gastroparesis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I thought that these diseases were going to take over my life and that I would forever be overweight and unhealthy. Then something changed. I realized that this is my body and I have control over what goes in to it and that through changing my diet and workout habits I could take control. I have also spent more time in prayer and in scripture learning more about God and how much He loves me. I have been on an incredible journey for the past year and I want to share it with everyone!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Why The Sunshine Is Healthy For You!

I know that we have been told since we are kids not to be out in the sun, it can cause skin cancer, but did you know that it also has its benefits? Yes, there are advantages other than getting a nice tan to going outside every day.

The sun helps your body produce vitamin D, which in return helps with strong bones, a strong immune system, helps prevent some cancers, cardiovascular disease and other medical issues. Just by stepping outside during the spring and summer for a few minutes each day without sunscreen you can help your body be healthier!
Another benefit to sunshine is that it can help your mood. It can make you happy and feel more awake. It helps release endorphins which in return make you feel better. There are actually people that get seasonal affective disorder due to the lesser amounts of sunlight during cooler months.

Another thing the sun helps with is our healthy fruits and veggies!!! This is a big one, it’s like being able to take a big bite right out of the sun itself. It helps everything including us to grow to be strong and healthy.

I have decided that although I have fair skin and red hair that this year, I am ignoring my doctor for 10 minutes and day and I am going to get me a healthy, fresh bite of sunshine every day. Welcome spring and summer- come help make me a healthier me!

Thank you God for such a wonderful thing such as the sun. Something that can make me happy and healthy and it is mine to enjoy each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment