Two years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Gastroparesis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I thought that these diseases were going to take over my life and that I would forever be overweight and unhealthy. Then something changed. I realized that this is my body and I have control over what goes in to it and that through changing my diet and workout habits I could take control. I have also spent more time in prayer and in scripture learning more about God and how much He loves me. I have been on an incredible journey for the past year and I want to share it with everyone!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Did much better yesterday and more updates.

Yesterday I did great food wise. I had fruits, veggies, turkey sandwich meat as well as some low fat, low carb turkey smoked sausage for dinner last night. Again I didn't run out of energy at all and although I really wanted something sweet last night I had an apple! I did have some sweet potatoes yesterday with less than a serving of brown sugar (more just for taste than for the sugar content) and lots of fresh ground cinnamon! Yummy. I know some would say that the brown sugar was cheating, but seeing as to how it was only about 10 calories worth and I had control over the portion, I am not going to feel bad... it was much better than 100 calories from refined sugar or more in something that was processed and full of other icky things.

Other Updates

I have been frustrated because my scale seems to be stuck and I have only lost 3 pounds in the last month. I thought that my weight loss was at a stand still, but that is not the case. Today I took my measurements and I have lost 2 more inches off my waist, 1.5 inches off my hips and about .5 inches off my arms and thighs. I have also lost 3% of my body fat. This made me feel much better than I have about my progress in a while. I haven't been able to workout regularly for a while due to things going on in life and the fact that I have had bronchitis for 3 weeks and it causes an asthma attack in the middle of workouts. I am hoping that I can get back into working out full force this week. We shall see what happens, but the lungs are feeling better and so am I!

I have started my health and wellness coaching class in school and I am loving it already. It is full of useful information and my goal over the summer is to start a reading list for this subject and getting into some really useful books for you all so that I can answer questions and share with you all the best ways to be healthy and life a long, fit life.

No comments:

Post a Comment