Two years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Gastroparesis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I thought that these diseases were going to take over my life and that I would forever be overweight and unhealthy. Then something changed. I realized that this is my body and I have control over what goes in to it and that through changing my diet and workout habits I could take control. I have also spent more time in prayer and in scripture learning more about God and how much He loves me. I have been on an incredible journey for the past year and I want to share it with everyone!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Falling Off the Wagon...

I haven't been putting forth my best effort this past month in any area of my life. I haven't been eating the best that I could, working out very much or pushing myself when I do workout. I haven't gained any weight back, but I haven't really lost any more either, and trust me, I still have some to lose.

I realized all this over the weekend and I am stepping up again and am starting over. I revamped my diet, again, because I had pretty much stopped eating a lot of veggies and was only getting one or two servings a day. I had also let some sugary food creep back in, so those things are going again. I do love chocolate and ice cream, so I do have 1 serving of that in the evenings, and yes, I do measure out the amount so that I don't go over.

I am also ramping up exercising. I will be doing intense cardio (Turbo Jam) 3 days a week and on the other 3 days I will be lifting with ChaLEAN Extreme and doing light cardio (more Turbo Jam) as well as abs.

I think that my body needs me to do this to get through this slump and get back on track. I have used every excuse I could to get off track and I am done with that now. How am I going to be a good coach if I can't do it myself? So the only option is for me to do it!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say I think your doing a great job. And if this month has been slow maybe its a good thing for your body since you started such a change in your life. And I think your the perfect weight right now. YOur not overweight and your not underweight. But I also understand wanting to fit into a certain outfit a certain way, just so long as we dont get into that magazine (fake) model ideology of what a woman should look like;) And after being sick dont feel bad if you take it a little easy at first when getting back up into the swing of things. GIrl you really do inspire me and help ME=)

    ReplyDelete