Two years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Gastroparesis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I thought that these diseases were going to take over my life and that I would forever be overweight and unhealthy. Then something changed. I realized that this is my body and I have control over what goes in to it and that through changing my diet and workout habits I could take control. I have also spent more time in prayer and in scripture learning more about God and how much He loves me. I have been on an incredible journey for the past year and I want to share it with everyone!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A New Eating Journey Beginning Today!

I really have to get my food back on track. I am not one to eat a lot of packaged and processed foods anymore, but here lately, I've been doing just that. And sweets- ugh- I've let them creep back in under the influence of others, but it has to stop!!!! And only I can make it stop. So I am starting a new eating adventure today- my husband doesn't even know about it yet. He may hear about from me as soon as he is done with his work meeting or he may click on my facebook link as soon as he gets off work and read it just like the rest of you, lol.

I have decided that today through Sunday, I am only eating fruits, veggies and a couple of hard boiled eggs for protein. I don't have to change what I drink because I only drink water and coffee with the occasional cup of peppermint tea. I know that if I force myself to do this that I will feel better and I will have changed my eating habits. My body should be almost through its phase of going crazy for sugar, and if it is not, then I will continue to only eat this. I love meat, so this is going to be hard, but the kids are with their dad this weekend and my sweetie has to work, so I won't have to really cook meat for anyone so it is not in my face. This is also going to take prayer and strength from God, and I know that He is going to help me because God wants us all to be healthy!

If any of you have any good, yummy all veggie recipes that you would like to share, please do. If not, then I will be eating a bunch of raw food- which is ok by me. I love the taste of fruits and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment