Two years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Gastroparesis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I thought that these diseases were going to take over my life and that I would forever be overweight and unhealthy. Then something changed. I realized that this is my body and I have control over what goes in to it and that through changing my diet and workout habits I could take control. I have also spent more time in prayer and in scripture learning more about God and how much He loves me. I have been on an incredible journey for the past year and I want to share it with everyone!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

One Of My Favorite Snacks!

I love smoothies, especially fruit smoothies. You can make all kind of combinations and make as much or as little as you want. You can also sneak yummy veggies and greens in and it not effect the taste. Here is a recipe for one of my favorites.

About 5 medium frozen strawberries
1 small or half of a large banana
About 2 ounces of orange juice or you can use water
5 leaves of spinich
3-5 cubes of ice (optional)

I put all ingredients except the ice in my magic bullet and blend until the strawberries are pureed. I then add the ice and blend a little longer until the ice is crushed. I usually make this smoothie about 2 times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment