Two years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Gastroparesis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I thought that these diseases were going to take over my life and that I would forever be overweight and unhealthy. Then something changed. I realized that this is my body and I have control over what goes in to it and that through changing my diet and workout habits I could take control. I have also spent more time in prayer and in scripture learning more about God and how much He loves me. I have been on an incredible journey for the past year and I want to share it with everyone!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

An update to eating healthy....

I have been doing much better than I thought that I would- but I did slip up one time. All day Thursday I had fruits, veggies and Boars Head sliced turkey for protein (not the pre-packaged kind with all the extra stuff added to make it bad for you) and I felt great! I didn't get tired mid-afternoon like I always do and I slept well (except for the coughing). Yesterday I was doing well also. I had my fruits, veggies and turkey again. I did eat some soup for lunch and for date night we went to Panera Bread. I had a strawberry smoothie (it had plain, non-fat yogurt in it), vegetarian black bean soup and a salad with no dressing but lots of veggies. I know the smoothie was really on the line of what I should or shouldn't have, but I felt ok with it. What got me was the ice cream cone at McDonald's after putt-putt golf. It is a tradition that my sweetie and I have ice cream after we play putt-putt, but I think that tradition is going to end. I felt guilty eating the ice cream because I had to be honest with you guys. I don't want to feel that way again, so it is back to healthy eating today!

I know you guys don't expect me to be perfect, but I expect more from myself. I have made a commitment to my body and there is no backing out. There is no way in going half way and not finishing, so it is back on track and back to feeling healthy and whole. I am going to push through my bronchitis and asthma today and try to get a short cardio workout in- this is something that I have been dealing with for three weeks now, so I have only been able to work out a couple of times in the past few weeks. I will keep pressing on, even though I know it will probably be a little longer until I can get back at it full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment