Two years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Gastroparesis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I thought that these diseases were going to take over my life and that I would forever be overweight and unhealthy. Then something changed. I realized that this is my body and I have control over what goes in to it and that through changing my diet and workout habits I could take control. I have also spent more time in prayer and in scripture learning more about God and how much He loves me. I have been on an incredible journey for the past year and I want to share it with everyone!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Reaching out to others with Fibromyalgia

I have been trying to give others with fibromyalgia that have asked for advice some tips on controlling pain with diet and exercise but it seems as if no one wants to hear any answers unless it is something that has to do with medication. I feel that everyone is searching for that miracle drug because no one wants to put in a little effort to get their pain under control. A lot of medications have horrible side effects, can cause you a large amount of weight gain and can make you a zombie. I wish that they could see that there is more to life with fibro than being in pain and being medicated. I am at a loss as to how to get through to people and help them if they want to toss aside everything that you share with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment